Tuesday, July 19, 2011

ace birthday gifts

My birthday was in April but I was so frantic I didn't have time to post these beauties.

The artwork was made by Tim, bits of collected paper and found objects from the street, perfectly stitched together. How ace is it? I think he should have an exhibition of these, although I wouldn't want to part with them.


This beauty was a gift from my sisters, a 40's mannequin head. Isn't she amazing? Goes well with my other mannequin head found in NY. She needs a nice stand for her.



I bought one of these Mexican bandit puppets for my nephew when I was in Mexico and always thought, 'damn why didn't I get one for myself?' Some friends found three vintage ones. Ivy is already eyeing them off.


Other ace pressies included a wooden travelling plein air artist case, a signed and numbered Beatesville book, and sweet 60's tunes (psychotic reaction 45" hello!) How great are my friends and family for buying me such arty, kooky, rockin' pressies? Thank you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pretty! This was an extremely wonderful article. Thank you for supplying this info.


My homepage; St Cloud Floral